AdSense

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Do You Want to be a Conglomerate or Have Control Over What You Produce?


While on a recent shopping trip, I need to purchase more dish washing soap, but they were out of my usual brand (Ajax®), so I purchased another brand (Palmolive ®).  When I got home, I compared the full bottle to the empty and to my amazement; the ingredients were both the same.

Both brands of soap are manufactured by Colgate-Palmolive, the bottle styling is the same, the ingredients are the same, the only thing different is the labels.  This got me thinking about the materials I write and sell and if I have chosen the correct path of trying to do things on my own.

Let me tell you, it is an up hill battle everyday, just trying to get customers to notice you is tough.  I could have went the easy route and just paid someone to do all the work while I just sit back and watch the big bucks flow in, but I like to be in control of my own destiny.

So, I’m in control, and the big bucks are not flowing in, like they should be, but I am working on a plan to change all of that.

What all of this boils down to is do you want to give away the rights to your content just to see money come in?  Once you toss your rights out of the window, you lose how you wish to sell your merchandise, you have to sell it for a price that they set, and you may not always see the sales promised (it has happened to me.)

I say, keep that control and learn about every possible way that you can promote yourself and your products, your bottom line could be depending on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment